While I was at Barnes & Noble today completing some of my assignments for school, I was browsing through the poker section and decided to buy the other volumes of Harrington's books that I didn't have yet. Volume II deals with the point in tournaments where you are closer to reaching the money. It also deals with final table play as well as playing heads-up. Volume III is a workbook of several problems you can go through to see how your decision making compares to a world class pro. It also will show you how much you may already know or how much you have learned from his first two volumes.
Here is where my experiment comes into play. I am using a score sheet setup in excel so I can track my results before reading volume II and after reading volume II. I will not read the answers until after I have completed reading volume II. I'm curious as to how much my answers to the problems in volume III will change after reading volume II. I wish I could track results before reading volume I, but I have already read that one, so I'll just have to use volume II as a comparator.
I'm sure this will take quite some time, but when I am finished I will post my results for everyone.
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment