Whenever you're on Full Tilt, search for this guy, blackmetalhead. He's always making it deep in tournaments and plays high stakes cash games. Whenever I play a big tournament online, I always pray to the poker gods that I don't get put on the same table as him. It's just crazy how he cashes in these tournaments. It's almost like certain people are destined to make money at this game no matter what they do or how they play. I'm not saying he's a complete donkey. Every time I watch him play, all his moves make sense. His play is very solid. I do believe he also has a blog at this location: http://chucksty.blogspot.com/ which is an interesting read.
On another note, my Harrington on Holdem Experiment is plodding along at a steady pace. I'm halfway through the workbook problems before I read Volume II. I am just doing the problems and writing my answers, foregoing reading the solution explanations until after redoing all the problems post-volume II. I believe the solution explanations will clarify quite a bit for me as far as how to make better decisions, especially with marginal hands and against players I have a read on (as far as their style of play). My overall goal with this project is to bring my tournament play to a far higher level than where it's at now. I'm sure this can only have +EV (positive expected value) for me in the near future! Yeah, I know. I'm such a dork, but whatever.
Ohh, also before I forget, in my poker records I've added a section to my overall results page labeled "average profit/loss." This puts my standard deviation value into perspective a bit more. Yes, I know this is irrelevant to you all, but I thought maybe it might be worth stating just in case someone hadn't thought about doing that in their records as well. Also, when I complete another 100 hours of play, I'll post my results again for everyone to marvel (laugh) at. Gotta love sarcasm!
Saturday, September 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment