Monday, June 27, 2005

Turning Things Around

It's been awhile since my last post so I'll try to just highlight on the most important happennings. During my last post I was getting very discouraged about my dwindling bankroll on Full Tilt. Since then I reviewed some of my books and dvds. I also pondered about how I was playing and what I can change to make my play a lot better so I went back to the basics. Boy were the basics exactly what I needed! I revamped my whole preflop strategy by combining the best bits and pieces from every source of information I had. Trying it out so far has worked wonders! The only thing I am still disappointed about is the number of hours I'm logging in every week. I'd like to play at least 15 hours per week, but I'm only managing to play about 8. This makes my bankroll building a very long process. Now instead of being down $200 I'm only down $82. I think once I get my doctor bills paid off I will be able to afford to cut down my schedule at the theater a little more so I can get some more time in at the tables. Hopefully by then I will be moving up in limits.
********************************
I'm planning on completing my poker table soon. I have the 4th of July off from work so I think what I can do is wake up early and leave for my parents place to start work on my table. Since I don't have any tools I'll have to use my father's. Also since I don't have a truck I'll have to use theirs to haul the plywood and hardware. Once done I'll have a blast with it! I can't wait!

No comments: