Monday, June 18, 2007

Out on Day 1

    Only four hours into the tournament and I'm out!  I was doing fairly well at my first table up about 1,400 but then doubled up a guy who had KK when I had JJ which left me with about 2,400.  Our table broke up and I got moved to another table.  Our table had an extremely slow dealer with slower players.  There was a preflop raise almost every hand with a lot of action post flop.  Unfortunately for me I became extremely card dead the second I moved to the table.  I literally never have one decent hand the first hour at the table.  The blinds were 100/200 and then 100/200 with a 25 ante.  The blinds just ate away my stack down to 700.  At that point I had to move in with any two cards.  I was in early position.  The guy under the gun folded and I pushed all in blind.  Everyone folded around to the big blind who thought for awhile and then called with A5.  I flipped over my 76 and the board didn't improve my hand.  Even though I didn't last very long I still had fun playing.  I looked around my table to see if any pros were playing the event, but I couldn't spot any.  Evidently there were several pros playing in the event, but I guess they were out of sight from where I was at.

No comments: