Sunday, December 18, 2005

A Little Tournament Play

Full Contact Poker was just getting too boring with their slow software chugging out the cards and waiting for players to complete their decisions with their bad layout. So I've been watching the action on Full Tilt Poker and have noticed that there are a lot more people playing there than when I played regularly. It's more than doubled in size. Plus the action is a lot looser, especially in the middle and micro limits. The small limits are still a bit conservative. I deposited some money and decided instead of playing cash games I'll try my skills at tournaments. I played a satellite and won a seat into a $200 +$16 $60,000 guaranteed tournament which ran today. 364 people registered for this tournament including a couple of well known pros Allen Cunningham and Aaron Bartley. They didn't do too well and placed far out of the money. I actually made in the money, but wish I could've won more. I ended up placing 25th and netting me $400. First was around $18,000 which would of been really nice to win. Anyway, now I have some money to do some last minute christmas shopping since the place I work at stiffed me on a holiday bonus. It's workplace crap like this that makes me wish I could either own my own business or be a professional poker player. The straw that breaks the camel's back will eventually happen someday. Hopefully by that time I will be ready for it and travel off on a nicer ride.

No comments: