Monday, November 28, 2005

Turkey Day Tourney

Thanksgiving weekend was nice and relaxing for me. My whole family
got together and we basically had a really big pot luck. Everyone
brought dishes they've made so we had tons of food which was very good.
After dinner, some of us played a small $5 tournament of no limit
holdem. The money paid three places and I took second, which wasn't
bad. A few relatives of mine play online poker quite a bit. None of
them are winning players, but after seeing their playing style I can see
how a few small adjustments can turn them into winning players. My
cousin showed me a couple of websites that look like they can be pretty
useful. www.pocketfives.com and www.thepokerdb.com were two that he
told me about.
With all the poker resources that are available today, I'm surprized
that I haven't been able to turn things around yet. I'm very patient,
though. Despite still having no money to play anymore, I've been
keeping fresh by constantly studying preflop strategy and running
scenarios in my head against different types of opponents. When I make
my comeback I'll be playing in full force.

No comments: